Saturday, March 9, 2013

DIY Sugar Wax Hair Removal





     Ever spend $20 at the salon to get your eyebrows waxed and then been less than satisfied with the results? Yeah, me too but now I just do it at home and don't have anyone else to blame my eyebrows on other than me. Just kidding, my eyebrows rock and my uni-brow is smooth and  non- existing.
   
    Alright, enough with my babbling here is the recipe and instructions.


    Add 1 tsp of honey to 2 tsp of brown sugar.


     Add a little drop of oil to your measuring spoon before you put the honey in it and it will come out smooth.


    Microwave on high for 30 seconds and let it cool for 5 minutes.


     While you are waiting, cut up some scrap fabric into strips.



     Next apply the sugar wax to your problem areas in the direction of the hair growth. Mustache, eyebrows, armpits, toes, what have you. Although I would suggest making more if you are going to do your legs.


    Brace yourself and pull against the hair growth.


   Eww, uni-brow hair.





    And mustache fuzz, no more!



   Have fun! And no, I didn't cry.

19 comments:

  1. Im trying this. ..you're a gem of a find , and you do make me giggle! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. does it have to be brown sugar??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it does need to be brown.

      Delete
    2. Yeah it does need to be brown.

      Delete
    3. I noticed after it cooled down it was exactly like a brown sugar I used to buy in a tube for hair removal in the early nineties. It can be reused you just warm it with your hands and press on the area you want the hair removed. Thank you for this this is great

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG.

    I now know what I'm doing tonight!

    Thanks for this crazy lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Question: am I doing it wrong cuz when I wait for 5 min. It dries up. If I try applying it when it's still a liquid it is scorching hot. Help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You want it to be pretty thick before you apply it, try stirring while it cools down, once you notice it thickening test it to make sure its not too hot. Please don't burn yourself.

      Delete
  6. I am always searching online for articles that can help me. There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working, great job!
    transvestite

    ReplyDelete
  7. This worked amazing! Just waxed my pits for the first time…haha it hurts like a mother effer but well worth it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How long does the sugar have to stay on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not long at all. Just until you work up to pull it off. If the wax feels too liquid then you may let it dry longer.

      Delete
  9. I follow direct directions, and it just didn't seem to work. Anything suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  10. How long does your hair have to be?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks! I just did this and it totally worked. Used white sugar and it totally worked, too! Thanks for posting and thanks for the pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is very nice one and gives indepth information. Thanks for this nice article. buy sugar paste hair removal

    ReplyDelete