Sunday, September 9, 2012

Pumpkin Muffin Tops

   

     So I decided to try a recipe that I saw on pinterest but make it more healthy and turn it into my own. It was a recipe for pumpkin snicker doodles. I know pumpkin + my favorite cookie, nom. My recipe turned out to be something completely different from a cookie and the best way I can describe it would be a muffin top.



     The way I made them more of a "healthy" cookie is by cutting out some of the butter and sugar since the pumpkin is naturally sweet and moist. You could probably use a cup of wheat flour and the rest white flour or add some oats, nuts, or dried apples something, I don't know I just make this shit up on the spot really.



    My recipe successfully cut out about 1000 calories from the original that I based it on, so not too bad really. That makes mine moderately healthy and I can live with that.

Acting like he doesn't want it

Yeah, that's what I thought... 


     Ingredients


  • 3 3/4 cups flour 
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
  • 1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature  
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree, almost one can 
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract


    Combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt and spices) in a mixing bowl, set aside. In a mixer, mix butter and sugar for 1 to 2 minutes on speed 2 until well corrupted. Add egg, vanilla and then add pumpkin. Next add flour mix making sure not to over mix. Chill the dough for 2 hours or over night.
     Roll TBSP sized balls of dough in a mixture of 1/2 cup sugar 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/4 tsp both nutmeg and ginger.  Top with pumpkin seeds.
      Bake at 350 for 14 minutes, they are not cookies so don't expect a crunch, they will be soft and moist like muffin tops.

No comments:

Post a Comment