Saturday, September 1, 2012

5 Ingredient Pumpkin Beer Cake

     Now that I have your attention, I am going to spoil your day and tell you that the reason this is only a 5 ingredient cake is because I didn't say we would be frosting it, if you use the frosting I did then in reality this is a 7 ingredient cake. Not too bad but 5 is a magic number, just like 42.
     This cake is very simple and even healthy, as it has no oil, I replaced oil with pumpkin and water with beer... Beer is a vitamin. That's what vitamin B stands for and you can take that to the bank.



      Ingredients.

  •   yellow cake mix
  •  1 can of pure pumpkin (not the pie mix) 
  • 1/3 cup of golden wheat beer of your chose, drink the rest nom nom 
  •  2 eggs 
  •  1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice, which is nutmeg, cinnamon and clove. 




      Putting it together couldn't be more simple, just mix all of the ingredients on low for about 3 to 4 minutes.  I love the color of the batter, perfect!


         Pour equal amounts of batter into two round cake pans and bake for 35 minutes at 350.


     I topped the cake with the whipped cream and cream cheese frosting recipe that I used on my Fireworks cake. Its really simple and tasty.  I gave this cake to my new neighbors who said it was really good, I got to have some too, it was very moist and light. I think I will make cupcakes with this recipe for Halloween. Enjoy! 


1 comment: