Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Not a good way to wake up. :'(

   It was the weekend, Sunday, five days after the accident. I had been tossing in bed all night going over the details, trying to untwindle any kind of clue to why this had happened. I wondered had I been in the wrong place at the wrong time, had I been one who was taken, would the survivors look for me? Would anyone suspect foul play or would they just accept what they were told?
   I had narrowly made my escape but I couldn't say the same for a list of friends that was steadily growing. No official report had been made on the fire that had taken place in school's library. But that was just thing, they were calling it a fire, and there was no fire damage. The school seemed to completely dismiss the fact that half the kids that had attended were now gone.
   When I got to school on Monday I returned to the scene of the crime, the library. It seemed normal, no one was in there. I looked for the section that Ryan, my best friend, had normally sat. The librarian, Pam, helped me get down some books from the top shelf that Ryan had been reading the day he disappeared. A small copy of "Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe," about the size of a match book but really thick, and his journal. There was a little book mark that looked like he had drafted and it read, "I love Tori" and there was a picture on the page that he had left off on, a clue of some short.
   It had been a week since the disappearances and I was sure they had all starved by now.  My wondering mind taunted me with horrific scenarios of what may have happened to them. I was too scared to sleep, all I did was cry. Cry for all the friends I lost, hurt in my heart and the filling of being lost myself...
   This was my dream last night. I was very thankful to wake up to Ryan fast asleep, safe. It was such a terrible thought to have lost him that I actually cried when I woke and saw him. I didn't want him to go to work today, I didn't want to let him go. I have one fucked up mind sometimes. I really need to stop watching television. I am glad to see you are all still alive on facebook and that we aren't in high school anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment